As part of our efforts to make this club an all inclusive and fun environment we have put a Forum Moderator Charter in place to protect both the members using the forum, and, the voluntary moderators / admin team that help moderate the online internet section of the site. Sometimes it may be necessary for an ICCI admin team member or moderator to intervene with respect to a topic / image / link or post electronically stored on the Italian Car Club of Ireland computer server / website. If such an event occurs then the ICCI team are committed to following a prescribed set of procedures to deal with such an event.
3. Moderators do not have the ability to EDIT the wording in a post.That is, the “information content” of a post will not be edited under any circumstance. An Admin may EDIT a broken piece of code / quote / link / image link but NEVER the actual textual content. If the Admin has to EDIT a post then Admin will contact the poster with this action (via email or pm). A snap shot of the post before editing and after editing shall be sent to the original poster, and update the ICCI team.
4. Moderators / Amin may LOCK a thread if they they consider it has run its course (eg a meet tread) or if it’s getting too heated and going off topic. Any member can request a thread to be opened by email a moderator or pressing the ‘Report’ button.
5. Moderators / Admin may not suspend / ban / delete a user/member without taking a vote within the ICCI team. This action is considered a ‘last resort’.
6. Moderators / Admin may NOT use their forum role to overpower / intimidate or sway thread topics / subject content or forum users. All users regardless of role (or login status) are entitled to express equal views / opinions etc on car related subject matter. The Admin / Moderator team is here ONLY to keep the site running and protect against online spam / illegal / offensive / vulgar / slanderous / hate-based content.
7. Admin and Moderators are allowed to be wrong! We all make mistakes. If the ICCI team does something wrong please let us know! All messages are taken seriously and acted upon to ensure this place remains transparent and all inclusive.
8. This site / club belongs to the car enthusiast club members NOT the Admin / Moderator team.
Moderator Charter : Version 1.0 – Dated 06-OCT-2014